WHAT IS IT?
Words (of your choosing) said by the celebrant before the ceremony begins, usually to give some handy instructions to your guests.
Things such as:
- Asking guests to ‘switch off’ for the ceremony
- Advising guests of nearby bathroom facilities
- Letting your guests know where to go for your reception
- Letting your guests know about parking
GOOD VIBE IDEAS
- Introduce the housekeeping with a series of dad jokes: e.g. "Where does a bee go to the toilet? The BP station (pause for awkward laughter). The toilets are located..."
- Have a guest say the housekeeping to warm up your crowd.
- Before the ceremony, play some good tunes to get your crowd in the mood.